Do you Need Help?
Do any of these describe your partner?
- Wants to know where you are all the time, frequently calls, emails and texts throughout the day
- Excessively jealous
- Constantly criticizes, calls you names or puts you down
- Does not take responsibility for their actions
- Uses your children, the law, your status, or other personal information against you
- Has threatened you
- Has hit, shoved, choked or pushed you
- Forces or coerces you to engage in unwanted sexual acts
- Violence has increased in the last year
- You believe he/she is capable of killing you
Plan for your safety.
- Plan your escape routes
- Tell others that you trust
- Talk to your children about what they need to do if a violent incident occurs or if they are scared.
- Put together an emergency bag that contains:
- Necessary medications
- Important papers
- Emergency numbers
- Trust your instincts and do what is safe for you.